Solar hot water is prevalent in Australia. It facilitates you with naturally heated water, for use in homes and businesses. The solar hot water uses the sun’s power to heat the water, and this makes it an efficient way of heating water.
It not only cuts your utility costs but also saves the environment by eliminating greenhouse gas emissions and also increases the value of your property.
Difference Between Solar PV Panel And Hot Water System
The technology used in both solar PV panels and the hot water system might look similar to you. But it operates in a different manner for both the systems.
Solar PV panels use sunlight for generating DC electricity, and then inverter converts it to AC power. But solar hot water directly warms water with the sun’s heat or heat from the surroundings. You cannot connect solar hot water to the grid, and in the same manner, heating water with solar PV panels is also not possible.
Selection of the Solar Hot Water
The choice of the best solar hot water depends on various variable:
Along with these factors, your personal preference also matters. Like whether you need solar hot water with a roof-mounted system or ground. Though both come with the same efficiency and performance, the difference lies in the maintenance or the support required for the weight of the system if it’s roof-mounted.
After considering your requirements, you will be guided with the right solar hot water.
Benefits Of Using Solar Hot Water
- Cuts Your High-Costs Of Water Heating Bill – Same like solar PV panels, solar hot water also saves high energy bills.
- Little Or No Maintenace – The solar hot water does not require much maintenance. But after a few years, getting it inspected from your provider is recommended. It is only a safety precaution, and else maintenance is near to negligible. With proper care and maintenance, your solar hot water can last as long as 20 years and even more than that.
- Saves the environment – Whether you are using fossil fuels or electricity to heat the water, the atmosphere gets polluted. Where the use of fossil fuels releases greenhouse gases, electricity is also produced from fossil fuels and thus cause pollution.
- Here if you replace your water heaters with the solar hot water (the renewable resource), it assures the release of zero emissions to the surroundings.
- The installation cost of solar hot water is high in comparison to traditional water heaters. But only the upfront cost is high, and once you installed it, you will never repent your decision. It would prove it’s worth as it saves a significant amount of your higher utility bills. Moreover, as the maintenance cost is also negligible, it also saves you money.